Monday, October 31, 2011

Hope...not for the faint of heart.

Hope.

To cherish a desire with anticipation.

To expect with confidence. Trust.

To desire with expectation of obtainment. -merriam-webster dictionary


Like most 4 letter words hope demands attention and stirs emotion. Kinda like Anna.

A few years ago I tattooed hope on my finger. For me it was a vow, to Him. A promise to never loose heart in His story. Not just His story for me but for everyone. It was hope that sustained me through hell. Hope that He was enough and with Him I could withstand anything. Hope that at some point in time I would have the strength to risk and love again. Hope that He would redeem my heart...all of my heart. Leaving nothing, absolutely nothing untouched by Him. Hope for life. Life like I've never known it before...to be alive in life. There is a difference. Everything that is breathing has life but not everything breathing is truly alive. Hope that He would unveil to me the strength, beauty, passion, and love I possess.

Hope.

I didn't realize how truly challenging it is until recently.

It is a very difficult thing to hope with reckless abandonment in all He is capable of. Hope living in today. In the unknown where nothing is certain except Him and anything and everything is possible because of Him.

He's teaching me this very obscure equation of hope + letting go + trusting=His story. Now that makes it sound pretty easy but you have to do a bit more algebra and multiply f which is feelings and divide by e which is emotion. So it's kinda like (hope+ letting go+ trusting) x f/e=His story. I'm gonna stop there for now. I think I may have lost some of you at letting go. And yes emotion and feelings are two different things. Letting go=letting go of my idea of what I think is His best for me. Trusting that He, the creator of passion, love, and me has it all and hasn't missed or skipped a step...even in the midst of me trying to fit Him and my life in this pretty little pink box that is just a bit too small to fit this large red heart shaped life of mine in.

Truth is you can not hope and hold back your heart to keep it safe. That's where He steps in. I keep my heart open. He guards it...like (secret service+ fort knox+ navy seals)x infinity=Anna's heart in His hands.

Alaska taught me that on my most imaginative creative day where I dreamed up the absolute best story for me EVER...it still pales in comparison to His story for me. Hope tells me that in the midst of all emotion and feelings...in the midst of fighting control to shut down and protect my heart and keep it open...in the midst of the whispers luring me to settle and trying to convince me He will fail me and I want too much...His story is not only true but it's beyond my comprehension. So you see...

I
WILL
ALWAYS
HOPE.

"I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your heart as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down deep into God's love and keep you strong. Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think." Paul/God-Ephesians 3:16,17 and 20. I pray that God, the source of hope will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing... I didn't know you were an algebra wiz. You did well with this. You are a writer, you are creative, and I am so glad to know you!

    ReplyDelete